Horrible news this morning -- pioneering house DJ Josh Ezelle died last night in a motorcycle crash in Thailand. He was 42.
Ezelle, aka DJ Josh, was the first DJ many young clubbers heard in the late '80s, and the list of venues and crews he supported or helped launch is a veritable what's what of the SF scene, right up to the present. Wicked, the Gathering, Funky Techno Tribe, Sunset ...
Ever-roving, he organized the groundbreaking 2000 ACA World Sound Festival in Acapulco. He moved to Thailand in 2001, and had recently located to Phuket, becoming a popular resort DJ there and witnessing the birth of his son.
A true example of bringing the underground SF spirit to the world, he'll be mightily missed.
Most Commented On
- Egypt - July 24, 2014
- Farebox recovery - July 24, 2014
- Precisely - - July 24, 2014
- The only way Israel will survive - July 24, 2014
- Gaza is an open-air prison - July 24, 2014
- When Israel murders civilians by the hundreds, - July 24, 2014
- If there really is something different about those companies - July 24, 2014
- LmQFzBadYxs - July 24, 2014
- H. Brown: Goodbye to all that, we hope - July 24, 2014
- It's hard to make capital investments when - July 24, 2014