Remember when we told you about Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne's East Coast-only "Record Store tour," during which he was selling a signed, limited-edition, 12-inch, 20th anniversary reissue of the band's deliciously scruffy debut EP, packaged with a life-sized, anatomically correct, "hand-crafted, custom-made chocolate skull"? And the skull also contains a special gold coin that gains the bearer entry to any Flaming Lips show in the world? Of course you do.
Well, he was lying — it's not East Coast-only. He added a few West Coast dates this week, including an appearance tomorrow [Thu/3] at 5pm, at the Mission's own Aquarius Records. Which is a pretty tiny space for a Flaming Lips(-esque) show. And pretty early in the evening to be taking hallucinogens. Oh, the sacrifices we make for rock 'n' roll.
Here's a good one off that 1984 EP to get you warmed up.
Most Commented On
- Toxic Turf. - July 26, 2014
- ZpoyYPMxgxyVWaj - July 26, 2014
- FXbMIGeEyTf - July 26, 2014
- A green San Francisco? - July 26, 2014
- we covered that this week - July 26, 2014
- I understand that the SFBC - July 26, 2014
- San Francisco needs - July 26, 2014
- Artificial turf - July 26, 2014
- Moron - July 26, 2014
- Golden Gate Park, an - July 26, 2014